Please close or use the back button after reading this FAQ page.
Completing the questionnaire
This questioinnaire will take around 30 minutes to complete. You can log back in at anytime to complete it - but don't leave it till the last minute!
From time to time, please click the "Save unfinished page" button on the bottom of the page - this will ensure that your individual responses are saved, and in the event that your connection is lost (more likely when using a mobile device), you can simply log back in and continue where you left off.
Have a question about the production?
The ‘Escape’ Team are standing by to answer any questions you have about the show, and to chat through your plans for a tree-change or sea-change. Please call 02 8329 9921 to reach the team, who can also assist with the application form.
If you receive a "422 Error" it means that you have an expired application page open in another browser tab. Restart your browser, or close the tab, then log back in and complete your application. And remember to save your answers regularly.
DO NOT USE EMOTICONS/EMOJIS IN YOUR ANSWERS! (you will not be able to submit your answers until they're removed).
Forgot your password?
No problems - just click the 'forgot password' link on the sign in page. If you don't immediately receive an email, check your spam/junk folder for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Video must comply with the following rules:
- Videos exceeding 2 minutes will not be eligible for consideration.
- Must show you and your partner (if applicable) full face to camera
- Please shoot the video at your current home in a well lit location (can be inside or outside).
In the video, please explain:
- Why you want to move
- Where you currently live and where you want to move to
- What lifestyle you are looking for
Video must not contain any nudity, smoking, alcohol or drug use or any illegal activity. Any illegal activity will be immediately notified to NSW Police.
A few tips about your video:
- The video submissions must be NO LONGER than 2 minutes.
- Introduce yourself and answer the question speaking directly into the camera.
- Make sure your face can be clearly seen on the video.
- Make sure your voice can be clearly heard on the video.
- Watch your video back! If you can’t hear or see yourselves neither can we.
- Please remember you are trying out to be a contestant, not a presenter so just BE YOURSELF!!
- Video can be recorded on your smartphone, laptop or a camera. Make it easy for yourself!
*If you are experiencing issues please use the Chrome Browser - we DO NOT recommend any version of Internet Explorer.
- You can upload most video types to your application.
- The larger the file, the longer it will take, however (and this is also dependant on your internet connection).
- Your video is likely to be larger than 100MB and this may take more than an hour to upload - please bear this in mind.
- Please be patient while it uploads.
If you'd like to speed up the process you can reduce the size of your video prior to uploading, by following these instructions:
- On your computer download the free video converter: www.macroplant.com/adapter (recommended)
- On your iPhone/iPad you can use the Video Compressor application
- On your Android device you can use the Video Compress application
Once installed, (and any additional plugins are updated), follow these steps:
- Add your video by dropping or browsing to it from your hardrive.
- From the right hand panel, choose a "Destination" to where you'd like to save your compressed video
- From the 'Video" section choose "mpeg4" as the encoder.
- From the "Resolution" section, choose a smaller size from the dropdown (eg 720x480) (you can see in the output window, the change to the video as you select the different sizes) - this will reduce the file size most effectively from the original and won't degrade the quality.
- If you want to reduce the time length of your video, choose the "Trim" option and adjust the start and end points of your video.
Make sure you check that your video plays before uploading it - otherwise you will experience an error.
CastaSugar is not in any way affiliated with Macroplant or other third party applications mentioned here - and there are many other free apps that you can use to achieve the same results.